|B.A., 2004, Psychology, College of William & Mary
M.A., 2008, Social Psychology, University of Connecticut
Ph.D., 2009, Social Psychology, University of Connecticut
Fellow, 2010-2011, Implementation Research Institute, Washington University
Scholar, 2015, Mixed Method Research Training Program for the Health Services, Johns Hopkins University, Harvard University and University of Nebraska
|First Position: Assistant Professor, Department of Health Behavior, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Current Position: Program Director, Implementation Science, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute
|Research Interests: Implementation science in health care and public health, overuse/de-implementation of ineffective health practices and programs, scale-up and spread of evidence-based practices and interventions|
|Comment about Social Program: “I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to be part of the social psych program at UConn. Outstanding and supportive faculty, engaging and rigorous courses, and an absolutely fantastic learning experience that was critical for my professional advancement. In my career, I am reminded every day of just how lucky I am to have been part of the program!”
· The Adaptome: Advancing the Science of Intervention Adaptation. Chambers, DA & Norton, WE. Am J Prev Med. 2016 June 28. S0749-3797(16)30181-7. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2016.05.011.
· Measurement resources for dissemination and implementation research in health.Implementation Science. Rabin, B, Lewis, CC, Norton, WE, Neta, G, Chambers, D, Tobin, JN, Brownson, R, & Glasgow, R (in press).
· Advancing the science and practice of dissemination and implementation in health: a novel course for public health students and academic researchers. Norton WE. Public Health Rep. 2014 Nov-Dec;129(6):536-42. No abstract available.
· Developing the next generation of dissemination and implementation researchers: insights from initial trainees. Stamatakis KA, Norton WE, Stirman SW, Melvin C, Brownson RC. Implement Sci. 2013 Mar 12;8:29. doi: 10.1186/1748-5908-8-29.
· A stakeholder-driven agenda for advancing the science and practice of scale-up and spread in health. Norton WE, McCannon CJ, Schall MW, Mittman BS. Implement Sci. 2012 Dec 6;7:118. doi: 10.1186/1748-5908-7-118.
|Home Links: https://cancercontrol.cancer.gov/is/staff/Norton.html|